Marine Sanctuary


Ever seen clams that looks as big as humans? Then what are you waiting for!? Located approximately 15 feet underwater between several islands is a marine sanctuary containing hundreds of them! These giant clams are locally known as Taklobos and regarded as the world’s largest bivalve molluscs. These clams can weigh over 225 kilograms! However, it’s not only the massive sizes of these clams which make it spectacular, but their mesmerizing hues which shimmer underwater proves to be a magnificent attraction for the tourists diving or snorkelling around the area.





But, that’s not all! The experience of snorkelling far from the boats while browsing through all these underwater wonders such as coral reefs, species of fish you may not have seen before, and getting to swim along with these is what makes the marine sanctuary truly unforgettable!






I personally spent almost an hour just snorkelling around and viewing the wonderful sights underwater. I felt the need to see everything that I could possibly see down there. And I actually could have spent my whole time there just looking underwater without noticing how long I was there already, if it weren’t only for my friends who forced me back to the boat.



0 comments: